Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Market

Ann Sofie is our family friend that was assigned to us from the University. She's super nice, the other day she invited us over for a traditional swedish dinner with her and her boyfriend, Magnus. The dinner was actually way good! We had this sausage with rice in it.. sounds sketchy but I actually liked it! Then a boiled potatoe with meet and onions in the middle. Surprisingly I liked that too. That was just the appetizer. For the main meal we had salmon that was amazing, more boiled potatoes with this red sauce that tasted like cherries, and salad. In Sweden, they don't put dressing on their salads, so basically I am eating leaves. So far I haven't had the best of luck for swedish food, but Ann Sofie was a really good cook! After dinner, we went to a Christmas market that was in Huseby. It definitely got me excited for christmas, it was all decorated for Christmas with lights and wreaths, and they were playing Christmas songs! They had a lot of traditional swedish decorations they were selling, i wasn't a fan. They were also sampling a bunch of swedish meat, once again, not a fan. After tasting the meat I had the worst flavor in my mouth and I honestly just wanted to it out but I thought that might be rude, but then someone was sampling cheesecake and I was so excited because something sweet would taste so much better. Fail. Cheesecake here is nasty, its warm, lumpy, not sweet at all, and actually tastes like crappy cheese. When expecting something sweet, and that is what you get, it's even worse. Other than the nasty food, the Christmas market was very cute! It was so nice of Ann Sofie to make dinner for us then take us! P.S. I didn't get a picture because when I pulled out my camera to take one, Magnus muttered something about Asians always taking pictures so I got embarrassed and put it away haha!

1 comment:

  1. Did he think you were an Asian??? Just kidding..but that is funny! And you shouldn't have cared, you are a tourist, and we needed pics!

    ReplyDelete