Sunday, November 28, 2010

Россия поездки


Cathedrals in the Kremlin

Cathedral of Spilt Blood in St Petersburg

St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow

The Kremlin

Anastasia'a Palace

Russia was our grand finale trip, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. The Russia Road Trip wasn't through our school, so we had to meet the group in Stockholm. We went a day early to explore Stockholm some more, love that place. We tried to see Harry Potter but it was sold out, so we saw Wall Street instead, it was pretty good, not my fav. In Stockholm, we shopped, ate yummy food, went to a lame museum and shopped more. It was very fun. We had to meet at the ferry because we were taking the boat to Finland. Getting the the boat was DRAMA! Addy and I were so lost and yelling at each other, it was quite a scene. We were so mad at each other but laughed about it 5 minutes later. Neither of us had any idea how to get there and we were in panic mode, but luckily we made it with time to spare.
Once we were on the ferry, they told us we had to get in groups of 4 for our cabins. I didn't care who was in our room as long as it was two girls. Fail. These two mexicans, Raoul and Enrique, come up to us and asked if we already have roommates! I was so bugged because everyone was already in their groups and we got stuck with them. Not to mention the rooms were so freaking tiny I woke up in the morning and opened my eyes and Enrique's bed was like two inches away, so weird. The next morning once we got to Finland we literallly drove until 9 that night and arrived in St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg was pretty, we had a city tour and saw a lot of cool sites and buildings. We also got to see Anastasia's palace! Addy and I danced in the ballroom in honor of Anastasia haha. People in Russia are super ornery, no one smiles and no one speaks english. It made eating at restaurants quite difficult, but somehow we managed. We also went to a Russian Folk dance, I totally thought it was going to be lame, but I was pleasantly surprised! Next we went to Moscow, I loved Moscow! It was the most unique place I've ever been, it had tall skyscapers, then cathedrals that reminded me of candyland and Aladdin. Moscow is a huge city and there was so much to see, I wish we could have stayed longer. We went to Lenin's Mausoleum, semi creepy. Everyone was standing in line and we didnt know what it was for, but decided to join anyway. Turns out we got to see his actual body in a glass case. Disturbing. We had another city tour in Moscow, and our tour guide was so stinking cute, she talked like the grandma on Anastasia, loved her. We had a tour of the Kremlin too, that place was way cool. Learned all about Stalin, Ivan the Terrible and Lenin. We also went to a Christmas market, it was super cute with yummy food. Honestly Russia had the best food so far, besides the gelatto in Italy. I liked every meal, plus it was pretty cheap! Bonus. The only downfall about this trip was the freaking bus. We had two overnight drives which were complete disasters, the mexicans were in front of us and they leaned their chair so far back I could smell their hair. I was so bitter. It's ok though, I still had a blast in Russia! We met some fun people, ate delicious food and saw a ton of amazing buildings and cathedrals. I am ready to go back!

3 comments:

  1. oo Enrique :) I am jealous of all the cool places you and Addy are going too!! Sounds so fun! Keeeeep the posts coming, since I am living vicariously through you! ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anastasia's castle!! I want to be in Russia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that you danced in the castle! I would have loved to see that! Super jealous....who would have ever thought you would go to Russia??

    ReplyDelete