Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hejdå Sverige


I can't believe its already time to go home, these past four months have gone by so fast! ( with the exception of the past 3 days) I've had so many fun memories here that I will never forget! I'm so grateful that I've had the opportunity to come here and study for one semester, but I'll admit, I didn't do much studying. I'm so excited to come home and see everyone! Definitely glad I'll be home for Christmas. However, there are some things I'm going to miss about Sweden...
Myca
I just love this girl, we have had so much fun together and I'm so sad we're leaving her! She She's from Washington, but goes to school in Idaho. She seriously cracks me up, I'm so glad we met her! She's coming to Utah for Addy's wedding though so that will be so much fun! So even though we are leaving her now, at least I know I'll see her in a few weeks!
Kebab
I love the Kebab man who sells kebab's from his truck at the end of our street. Sketchy? Not a chance, his kebab's are to die for! I crave them constantly, and I don't even know what kind of meat it is! It's mostly lamb I know. As you can tell, we usually dress in our finest attire to eat such a delicacy. He will be greatly missed in America.

Winter WonderlandI know I complain about the weather a lot, (it was -18 the other day!) but for the most part it is so pretty! We've had constant snow for the last 6 weeks at least. It looks so Christmasy and makes winter so much prettier.

Robert and Sigird
Our branch president and his wife. They have been so nice to us, making us dinners, taking us places, translating for us in church! They have been life savers! I'm so thankful that we were able to meet them! They have helped us out countless times!

Lea and Lief
Ok I want to be these people when I grow up. I honestly love them. They are the most genuine people I have ever met. They live out in the country, about an hour away, and they invited us over for dinner and it was the BEST dinner I've had in the past four months. They just kept feeding us and feeding us! The food never ended! It was fabulous. We stayed and talked to them for 5 hours! Time flies when you're having fun. I'll miss these people, they are too stinkin cute.
Living with Addy Jane
I decided Addy is my soul mate, in a friend way of course. She really is like a sister to me. Love her to pieces. Addy is getting married in February and I'm so excited for her. I've either lived with Addy or next door to Addy my whole life! And now we are going to live in different cities! I don't know what I'm going to do! We can seriously be the two biggest idiots on the face of the earth, but somehow we manage! It's a miracle we survived this semester and rarely got lost! I'm quite proud of us! So, so many fun memories with Addy, starting clear back from kindergarten. I'll miss her oh so much I don't even want to think about it! But I really am so happy for her and Dayson and with them the best of luck with marriage. Love you girl!
Well folks maybe by the time you read this I'll be home! I just want to say thanks to everyone for the letters, emails, packages and skype chats!! You've all been so good to me and I'm grateful for it! Thank you thank you thank you! It's a bittersweet experience to leave Sweden... BUT let's just say I've been in Sweden long enough and I am super excited to come home!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well freak girl! I am cryin over here. This was such a great post! I am so glad you had the chance to experience everything and meet such great people...but I am SO EXCITED you are are coming home. We have missed you tons! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle- I've loved seeing your pictures and hearing about your Sweden adventures! And kudos to you (and Addy) for being able to live with each other and not kill each other. Kristal and I have talked about it many times and decided that we don't know if we'd still be friends if we lived together. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete