Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stockholm







Ok so Stockholm puts every other place I have been to shame. It's so amazing, I wanted to stay longer! And the seven hour bus ride that I was dreading didn't even phase me, I was a champ if I may say so myself. We got to Stockholm Friday around 3 and went straight to our hostel which was a boat. It wasn't bad. On Friday, we just walked around the city and went shopping. It was such a big city and so many stores, I was in paradise. That night for dinner we went to TGIF. I've never been so excited for a TGIF in my life. It was so delicious, best meal so far for sure. On Saturday, we had a tour of the city which was really cool. Stockholm is so pretty! Sidenote, people always say American's love Mcdonald's and crap but I feel it is just as bad if not worse here. During our 2 hour tour, most of the student's stopped at McDonald's at least once or twice. Plus on our drive down we ate there, and on the way back. They eat it all the time, so I better not hear any more crap about American's and McDonald's. They should be thanking us. Anyway, after the tour we went to the Royal Palace to see the changing of the guard, it was so cold. Haha Addy started crying it was so cold. After that, we had lunch at a cafe then went shopping again. I got all of my souvenirs for the family and some for myself too. It was a successful shopping day. That night, we went to dinner with all of the other exchange students at some bar. It was ok, TGIF was way better though. On Sunday we went to the Vasa Museum. It was the coolest museum I have ever been to. We spent four hours there! Seriously, I've never been a huge fan of musems but I just love them here. The Vasa Ship was built in the 1600's and it was the biggest and most expensive boat ever made. Well, 20 minutes after it set sail it sunk and 333 year later they brought it back up. It's a long story but anyway now the original ship is in the museum, but since it's so old it's deteriorating and they think it will only last 50 years. After the museum we hopped on the bus and drove back to Vaxjo. Stockholm was so fun and my favorite weekend trip so far, we already have our next trip to Stockholm planned!

3 comments:

  1. That's all the pictures you are going to post?? What the crap? And I love reading this, because you left out that your hotel was a boat...like a cruise ship, or some small boat? And I love that Addy cried, you left that out too. Why the heck do we skype if you always leave out cool parts! Just kidding, I guess it gives me a good excuse to read it and not just look at the pics! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is that they should be thanking us for mcdonalds ha!! and we do need more pictures especially if it is the best place you have been!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this comment comes through because for some reason we are banned. Love it all. Love the boat, the food, the cold, the pictures, love the comments above. Love it.

    ReplyDelete